01-10-2020, 08:48 PM   #24
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Seems that neither Merc or Ferrari were busting a gut to hire Verstappen. All that public whining about the Renault engine was quite damaging to his appeal.
You only have to look at how Alonso ended up to see that being a fast driver is not the whole package....(Honda now won't let Alonso race in a car with their engine after all the criticism of the Honda engine he made while at McLaren).
Verstappen needs to learn to keep his whining to himself...if he ever wants to move to teams like Ferrari and Mercedes where PR is paramount.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Alonso is a perfectly example of a good racer who didn't know when to keep his mouth shut. He was also hampered by being given poor advice.
Verstappen has similar problems...the sooner he stops listening to his father and bans his whole entourage from races the sooner he can grow up and perhaps fulfil his potential.
In his current frame of mind he would be a poor fit for Mercedes...Ferrari are more likely to take him but I'm not sure they really need yet another driver who thinks they can run the team and drive the car at the same time.
Max is whining and he has to keep his mouth shut ?
That's actually really funny . It remembers me Lewis when his Merc engine blew ...
Lewis went with a lawsuit against Merc as for engine sabotage !
Give me a break mate !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58876.50