View Single Post
      01-01-2020, 08:01 PM   #5
MtnHank
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 19 BMW X1 x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
You're probably never going to see this happen, it's too much a niche function.

For your situation you should have both phones paired to the car, and then go in and manage them in mobile devices to select which one is the CarPlay selection and which is the non-Carplay, as you're already doing, you'd almost be better off if you had the limited BT that only allows a single phone to pair.

But even then, since CarPlay no longer requires full screen access there's no reason one of them can't always be CarPlay.
I wasn't very clear in my initial post. What you described is really what I want to do. That is, have each phone paired to Carplay and be able to select which is to be used and have the other, while still paired available and selected, when she is the driver, one at a time. It seems at least for now that when we try to pair her phone, it disconnects after a few minutes. Her phone does not show up as a "known device." I discovered that her phone does not have a name, so perhaps now that it is named it may show up under "manage mobile devices" when my phone is in use. Sorry for the long reply. Haven't had a chance to try again. I hope we are discussing the same thing. Thanks.
Appreciate 0