View Single Post
      04-12-2020, 10:38 AM   #17
TheBigP
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X2 M35i

I love how this thread has morphed. Yes, six months in and I just put my 20s back on for summer. I'm giddy to go play on my local mountain roads. My favorite run is Ebbetts Pass in the northern Sierras. I never really know a car until I take it over that road and compare it to all that I've driven before (motorcycles too). I'm very curious about how the front-drive bias will respond in the hairpins. As to the "unicorn" status, yes it's great. I still think I have the only one in Reno, since my dealer never carried one and was surprised to have to order an oil filter the first time in for service. I know this sounds a bit crazy, but this is like the perfect car (for me). I can get my dog in the back and to the trailhead easily, or throw my road bike in back without taking off the front wheel (those are my two main criteria). There's just enough clearance you don't have to pick your way over dirt access roads (and which gives you decent road view and presence on street and highway), and it flat out kicks ass on the road. The best car for me was probably my last-model-year available (2009) Outback XT with manual (with a few mods), but I don't miss it all that much. My son works at a car wash and I went by yesterday. He and the boys told me to "rev it". I complied. The surprised looks on their faces was priceless...
Appreciate 2