View Single Post
      09-20-2021, 07:42 AM   #261
MPOWER5266
Major
Rep
Drives: 1997 Dinan m3

I don't know why the mods keep moving this thread, it took me a while to find it. Anyway.

This weekend the E9 went on its first major trip. Wed night I set up the infotainment screen...

Untitled by Nick Wood, on Flickr

And loaded up the essentials, a cooler full of beer.

Thursday morning, I made the rainy trip to north Atlanta to meet up and caravan with a group, but most of them bailed out because of the rain.

So it was pretty much my buddy Gary, his girlfriend, me, and my dad following in the Jeep. We cruised back roads all the way to Asheville.

We stayed the night in Asheville and partied in the host hotel parking lot Thursday night. That is where we will be staying next year for sure. Friday morning we cruised down to the BMWCCA foundation in Greer SC for a little meet. We hung out there for a couple hours, saw some old friends and made some new ones. We left Greer to head to the Air B&B in Hot Springs Nc, but first we made a quick stop by the mothership.

The parking was a little scary at the Air B&B.

But the views were awesome.

Saturday we went to The Vintage and parked with a group of 12 other E9's. I did not take many pics at the show, I just hung out with friends and relaxed. It was such a good time. Sunday, we drove about 5 or so hours home and made it back with out any major issues. There are a few things we need to address though. It will be getting a 5 speed, the 4 speed is horribly noisy and the extra gear would be nice for interstate cruising. We are going to wire in a hidden USB port for phone charging, the cig lighter fried on the way up. And there is a power steering leak, but that hose is already on order. All and all it was an awesome trip and went better than I could hope for, now I just need to get the cleaned back up and address some issues.
Appreciate 6
happyjack1657.00
2000cs3502.50
P111572.00
wdb4732.00
Fakemike368.50
Mani5913493.00