05-14-2021, 12:13 PM   #991
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Remus is a label, Luxco owns Lux Row distillery and a bunch of other stuff. They now not only have the distilling, warehouses, packaging, marketing, etc to fully move to their own production. The Luxco purchase was WAY more than just a brand. Given they are already not giving as many options for people looking to source, I think something will happen sooner than later with this deal.

You will have to let me know how the Smoke Wagon UCUF is. I have only had the Small Batch, which I really enjoyed. Don't see much of that stuff around here.
Good point on the distillery and they do get a lot of ways to sell more. Large part of the reason MGP went the contract distilling route was the massive production capacity, now they have even more capacity so I think this is a barrier. Can't see them able to get rid of contract distilling until they find other ways of selling what they have and get out of existing agreements. Don't think you can put MGP products into existing Luxco branded bottles as MGP is normally high rye recipes. Time will tell.