09-17-2019, 01:10 PM   #34
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

Quote:
Originally Posted by billnchristy View Post
I wrung out the turbo this morning and am happy to say that the flash didn’t detune us, still pushing 22.8psi of boost wide open.

I was curious after reading the m340i thread where the tuner claimed Bmw has dropped power twice.
Just plugged in my OBDII reader and I am also at 22.8psi. I don't know if it's in my mind, but it seems like the spooling sound is louder on lighter throttle than before. I noticed it when talking on the phone the other day, and turned off my radio today and it does indeed sound louder. I love all of the turbo sounds however, I'm waiting for an intake or if I get some time I might take things apart to look a little more at the setup. It seemed to me that the stock intake might have a larger resonator box build in. I took a peek inside the engine bay to make sure that nothing got displaced when doing the recall. They MUST have gone from underneath though as it looks like absolutely nothing was touched from the top (there's some fine dust/grit inside my engine bay and I didn't see any signs of movement).
Appreciate 0