05-11-2021, 11:48 AM   #13
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcs2229 View Post
Your statement that " To stop this, BMW changed the software so they do not work anymore when a new map is released" is clearly incorrect, without any qualification that it may be applicable to UK.
It is fact and NOT incorrect. Making a statement such as that shows you do not have knowledge in this area.
I helped a compatriot for 10 years on another forum who ran the software and had the appropriate cable to generate FSC codes for BMW maps. I was involved with NBT maps for the majority of the time. He used to sell one-time yearly FSC codes to users at a price and also sold a lifetime code for more money. It was such a lucrative sideline that made the BMW official Map and BMW generated FSC code overpriced especially in the UK, so they had to drop the price and also change the algorithm so that the lifetime codes would not work after one time use.
Also, the software and the cable are for sale, and also the instructions are still freely available from the trader automotive site I gave the link to in a previous post.

Note. I have qualified where necessary that I am talking about the UK. Also the original poster is from the UK.

Tally100
I have sent you a PM.

Thank you.
2020 BMW X1 xDrive 2.0i MSport (F48).
2022 MB EQB 300 4MATIC AMG Line Premium

Last edited by Peter_R; 05-11-2021 at 12:22 PM..
Appreciate 0