09-29-2022, 01:45 PM   #72
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
Id say most cars are 35-40k now, maybe even closer to 40, 30k is like back in the 2000s. The car 99% of what people want is an SUV with some pep, the flavor may change slightly depending on the manufacturer, but its “one car type” and that will constitute the majority of sales. Selling sports car models or even sedans is not cost effective and the further we go in the future, the less and less it will be. So many reasons for this, the emphasis that people need to start a family, buy a house, work crazy hours/commutes to pay for it all, buy a jet ski, etc. Nothing wrong with ANY of this, but it tends to not leave a lot of room for most people to do stuff like own a car with 2 seats…

A lot of people do want suvs but I wouldn’t say 99%. Otherwise nothing else would be sold or desired.

Sports cars will always sell, as long as the car is “sporty” to them. People still buy mustangs and corvettes when in that price bracket they could get an m3 or something mercedes etc.

Car makers aren’t going to limit their lineup to a one stop shop car when they can make multiple, even if the power train, or should I say the battery pack is the same.

I didn’t get the model y long range because it’s slower than my model 3 long range. And I want that “suv” like look of the Y.

So I think if the performance allows it, sports cars will sell. Not everyone will just settle for an suv as their only car of the household. Family or not.