nigpd
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Remapped BMW 320d E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooba0010 View Post
Who has actually had a remap ??
A friend of mine has had his 535 d touring remaped the cost was circa £850 ,he claims it 340 bhp and gets better fuel consumption ? and its undetectable for warrenty issues ??
I have spoken to a bmw tech and he claims that it would be spotted 100% no doubt about it 100%
And his respose is that BMW spend millions of pounds on R and D to get a map in your cars that works best across the whole engine driving conditions etc fuel economy and he said in certain applications he didnt doubt there would be possible benefits but the implications of warrenty being void ?
Im wondering who has actually gone down this road and what have they gained and also lost ie 40 plus bhp but fuel economy dropped by x
Ive had my 320d E90 remapped with bhp up from 163 to approx 200 and torque up to about 400nm. The difference in response is dramatic with much smoother power delivery and no flat spots.

My car has been in to BMW for normal servicing and has even had its service indicator software upgraded..... no issues about detection at all. I have however declared it to my insurers.... only cost an extra £50 on the premium.
Appreciate 0