View Single Post
      06-05-2014, 05:50 AM   #11
Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixsaint View Post
Thanks again for your input HACK, I always enjoy reading your posts. You obviously know your stuff.

When I first bought my 335i I loved driving it, and it was pretty fun. After almost a full year I finally tried out the Cobb Accessport and it blew my mind. While the car was good before I find it so much more enjoyable after. I guess this thread was my way of looking for a "handling" analog of the cobb tuner. Also I'm not made of money so I was looking for the best value/bang for buck mod after driver training.

We're talking about sidewall damage vs regular wear here right? My instructor told me I should be able to get a season or two on my tires with DD + 10-15 track days per year. I don't think I'll be seeing the wear for a while yet.

Regarding tire wear that seems like a very optimistic estimate. Rears will wear off pretty quickly if you are pushing the car even a little. If you get 10-12K on your rears you are golden. Also, if running square set-up you can optimize tire wear by rotating wheels. 17" rubber is the best value. I usually buy 6 tires at once when I find a good deal.
Appreciate 0