Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X5/M50i (ordered); &

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchy View Post
Haha thanks. I'm guessing there are more than a few on here that only hand wash and are a bit particular about it. (Wheels by no means come off regularly, but they do get a good detail when switching between summer and winter wheels)
The wheeled bench is a good idea, our current driveway has too much of a slope though, I'd roll away.
I remove both cars from garage, blow out all leaves from garage floor, park car to be cleaned in driveway then put wet car in garage, close the door, turn on music and dry, vacuum, clean, etc in garage. I use soap bucket for touch up if necessary and then to soak and clean my golf clubs. No way I could use wheeled stool on driveway. In winter I fill soap and rinse buckets with water from water heater to keep hands from freezing.

Any recommendations for applying to wheels to make cleaning brake dust easier. I tried applying wax but don’t see major improvement. I now apply wax yearly to all exterior metal pieces including umbrella support, metal chairs and a garden decoration, fence door latches. More to protect from rusting than make them shine.
Appreciate 0