First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAGuy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchy View Post
Lol. Which model were you considering?
Have a X5/M50i on order with a 1/25 estimated completion.

Was considering Audi S7 briefly. Was familiar with Q7 as daughter-in-law has. Coming from SQ5 I wanted something that handled similarly. Spoke with Audi salesman/friend explaining I was serious about X5/M50 asking to show me an Audi equivalent. Test drove a Q8 but too floaty and I didn’t want to drive another SQ5 for five more years. Even looked briefly at MB but I find their styling as “stale”. Even within BMW I went from M3Competition to X6 (I loved/wife hated) to X5. Added DHP to get the SQ5 type handling.
Spent almost 3 months identifying what I wanted. With help of this site, buying was relatively simple at 3 days.
Nice, let us know how you like it once you get it! When did you place your order?

I love our Mercedes (GLC43) so much that I strongly considered a 2020 63S, but wanted something "more" different than what we have. Albeit with some hiccups, the drivetrain and power/power delivery on both is awesome. I like the looks and handling of the SQ5, but the power delivery felt a bit delayed like the Macan S and GTS that I've driven. While not as fast, the X5 40i felt better than the the Audi and Porsche, almost immediate throttle response. Perfect for everyday driving, but I wanted something a bit quicker.

Were you able to drive the M50i with DHP before ordering?
Appreciate 1
RVAGuy167.00