02-17-2018, 07:20 AM   #29
iceman7
Second Lieutenant
Greece
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI sDrive 18i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejw2011 View Post
I've used Bimmercode and Carly. Both worked. Are you sure you changed to specify LED? Did you change voltage monitoring off for warm and cold checks?
It worked for turn signals, front and rear, rear brake lights, and fog lights.
This is what I am trying to say! I didn't have the chance to change from bulb to led since bimmercode could not find the FEM module!
I have contacted the author of Bimmercode since the iOs version could not find the FEM module even though a couple of months ago there was no problem.
Today I tried again several times both with slow or normal communication , removing and installing the software again, erasing the Vlink wifi of the dongle and recconncting using an iphone X and Ipad mini, but in vain!

Then and just before losing my patience I tried the Android version and the FEM module appeared, so in order to get rid of the awful strobe light show each time the car was turned on (plus some flashes randomly) I bought Bimmercode for the android platform, too! (emailed the author for this since it is unacceptable having to pay twice for the same thing).

Then I took all the necessary steps as described above and everything worked fine (low and high beam, indicators, position and in general back lights) The thing is that all this happened to a friend's X1 (not mine) that also installed leds yesterday, too but he was more patient than me to keep them (I had them removed, since I could not stand the strobe light effects and the constant errors, and I did not want to have the lamps hardware modded with resistors and cancelers as the installer wanted).
The weird thing is that both back red lamps (position and brake) that never flickered were already identified as leds by FEM (they had resistors installed, too). On the other hand back and front indicators that also had resistors were still bulb so they required to be coded.

The only drawback by removing the cold and start check though is that you cannot get an error message if a lamp is actually broken. We removed one of the front high beams and by switching them on no error message popped up!
Appreciate 0