Thread: The Pet Thread
View Single Post
      07-29-2021, 02:29 PM   #2503
S65 SCHNAUZER
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 E46 - TiAg/Cinnamon

Hi everyone...

So my fiancee and her family is going through some hard times with their pup and is raising funds to help with their dogs medical bills as they're just financially not in the best situation to afford them. I just wanted to share their story and page in case any of you wanted to help or even just share the story with others. It is all very much appreciated.

If this post violates any of the rules, Mods please feel free to remove it!

-

I have a 1 year old Miniature Schnauzer named Nala who recently was diagnosed with extreme anemia. A normal dog's red blood cell count should be between 36% to 60%. Nala's red blood cell count is at 9.5%...

The doctors have given us 2 options.

We give her blood transfusions to raise her blood count, in order for the vet to proceed with multiple tests to find out what the cause of her anemia could be. Finding the cause will help to find the right cure and treatments for Nala.
They told us that there is a 60% chance that the blood transfusion will be effective, and at this point there is only one way to find out, and that is to try.

2. Or else, the other option is to euthanize her.

Which to my family and I is the last thing we want to do. She is our baby girl, and she has so much love and life in her. Seeing her wag her tail for food and walks to this day pains us to think that euthanizing her is even an option. We don't want her to go so soon. It really isn't fair...

The issue we are faced with though, is that we pay around $8,000 for her first appointment. Then more appointments are to follow, and we are not in a place where we can easily spend large amounts of money like this.. and that is if the first round is successful and the transfusions are effective.

Of course, if I had enough money then I wouldn't even be questioning Nala's tests and treatments. If I had a lot of money, I would give her all of the best tests and treatments she could get.

I just am curious about what others would do in a situation like this...

I did just create a gofundme page for Nala..(https://gofund.me/ee8e8a07) which also has Nala's entire birth story if you are interested in reading more about her history..Moderators, if this is inappropriate to post please let me know. Even if you are not able to donate, I appreciate your time in reading our story, and any words of advice or sharing of my story would be sincerely appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

-

Thanks again everyone

Last edited by S65 SCHNAUZER; 07-29-2021 at 02:34 PM..
Appreciate 0