View Single Post
      06-11-2021, 03:11 PM   #485
samzor
Rep
Drives: BMW X2m35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_rocket88 View Post
I think you need to do some more reading and decide for yourself. In my opinion a true full ECU flash *IF* done correctly will always be better, HOWEVER if that flash has bad values it will definitely hurt the engine as it is rewriting the base programming of the car itself. The piggybacks are a little more standard, and some like the JB4 has a built in failsafe. The piggyback intercepts signals to sensors so the car's ECU will compensate for it. *IF* the piggyback has a way to failsafe .. or the signal is so far off that even with the piggyback's signal being off chart it will still hit the car's ECU limit and failsafe by default (ECU wise).

The JB4 does have this failsafe feature within it's own software and seems to be fine if you don't go setting that boost limit too high. That coupled with not a lot of ECU flashing available, AND the fact that BMW could potentially flash/lock the ECU which would render any of the ECU flash invalid is why I chose to keep with the JB4 for now.
Ok I see. So there isnt any modification at all.So if I remove JB4, its like nothing was changed, right ? Is the JB4 available in europe ? And may I ask you the exact name/link for the M35i please ?
Also do you think buying the BMW pedal tuner iw worth together with JB4 ?

Last edited by samzor; 06-11-2021 at 03:20 PM..
Appreciate 0