Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJE60 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rameer View Post
Hi,

Can you help me with this.

I have downloaded the zip file and extracted it and saved the contents of the folder to the root drive (not the folder itself). I have formatted the USB to FAT32. When I plugged in the USB to the center console and turned on accessories nothing happened. I checked my maps to make sure I have “north America Route”

I have 2016 X1 (F48)

Thanks ina advance.
Save the whole extracted folder directly to the route drive and try again. Before this, go to your nav menu and check what map version you have, it should have "route" somewhere in the name. If it is correct map for your car and usb is still not being read and update started then I am sorry but can offer no further advice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJE60 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rameer View Post
Hi,

Can you help me with this.

I have downloaded the zip file and extracted it and saved the contents of the folder to the root drive (not the folder itself). I have formatted the USB to FAT32. When I plugged in the USB to the center console and turned on accessories nothing happened. I checked my maps to make sure I have "north America Route"

I have 2016 X1 (F48)

Thanks ina advance.
Save the whole extracted folder directly to the route drive and try again. Before this, go to your nav menu and check what map version you have, it should have "route" somewhere in the name. If it is correct map for your car and usb is still not being read and update started then I am sorry but can offer no further advice.
Thanks for your quick response. I made sure I have Route maps for my IDrive before downloading it. I will copy the NAV folder to USB and see if it will work. If not, Someone suggested using NTFS format instead of FAT32. I will try that one too.

Thanks again.
Appreciate 0