2019 BMW X2 M35  [9.50]
coded my car this afternoon

BimmerCode for IOS
iPhone 5s
Veepeak OBDCheck BLE (the cheap one)

didn't go crazy

ASD off
ASS Memory (cue jokes)
DRL for rear lights on (haven't checked it yet)
Tire pressure and temperature (why this isn't automatic is beyond me)
Volume Pop-UP off
Fold/Unfold mirrors on lock/unlock (I like this and did it in my 335)
Display full text messages on - DID NOT WORK

Not sure why, I use an Android phone and do not have carplay activated

otherwise very happy I was somewhat methodical, went to the website, ran through all the basic coding options (yes I am chicken to get into advanced for now), set up a spreadsheet that has description, which ECU, old value, new value if it can only be restored through back up and what it did when I coded.

kept the car running, as I coded each module (3 total) the app told me to restart the car each time so I did. Turned of WiFi on the iPhone, turned off my phone so nothing was connected to the car except the OBDII dongle. I should also point out this was an old iPhone that I have repurposed as my coding phone, no cell service and this is the first time I have really used an IOS device. I had to set up an Apple ID (i feel like I cheated on Android ) Also being an old guy and mildly paranoid I got an iTunes gift card to load the App Store.
I too was a little worried when I coded the Body Domain Controller BDC_1 and all these error messages came on, a quick restart cleared them all. Also another pro tip when you muck around with the IDRIVE, you lose your preset buttons (the 8 real buttons below the screen) and need to be re-set-up (I only had 2 and 1 was a phone number so for me no big deal)

so there you have it. When I did m,y 335 I found a friend on the forums (shout out to Almaretto) who basically logged into my laptop and ran the the coding for me with an esys cable etc. this was much easier and I did it my self

Thanks to those who post their experience and provided tips.
Appreciate 0