11-30-2020, 12:50 PM   #219
Tommysalami
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Off-Topic ,
Well mate . In fact I already had 2 fire prevention courses from a team of professional fire brigade/officers .
The reason why is : Because the company falls under the chemical industry .
We are working with chemical granulates in injection molding machines .
So , in the last 10 years I got 2 fire prevention courses as for fire prevention .Course was 2 X 4 hours .
Special equipped truck arrived at the parking of the company and I got theoretical training and practical training .
We were going through the different kind of fires . Normal wood fires, Fuel fires , chemical fires, and finally through a frying French fries pan fire .
I had to put out all the fires in the specially equipped fire truck . So I smelled and felt the unbearable heat of the fire on my body .

In the last hour , the officer showed me a French fries pan fire ..
The oil in pan has +/- 180° C , means actually nothing , because we are melting our granulates at 400° C in our injection cylinders at the company.
But what happens when we pour or spray water on that fries pan on fire ..?
Well I felt the shockwave through the truck from the explosion of the fries pan , the special room was secured by steel walls while we watched the video of the explosion .
Or...Just open a door to feed the backdraft fire..!

In other words a burning fries pan can blow your house away . The people in the kitchen wouldn't survive it ..
The simple way is : Just throw a wet blanket over the flames of 1.8 meter height while you protect your arms and hands .
I've done that too , and it's really amazing how fast the fire was extinguished due to lack of oxygen...
Nice, that sounds like a fun course. Yeah that's why you don't use water on a liquid fire, and why commercial kitchens have wet chemical extinguishers. But for the home, baking soda works as well.

I'm a fire protection engineer so all this is right up my alley.
Appreciate 3
MKSixer34183.50
minn1914021.00