11-30-2020, 12:39 PM   #218
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommysalami View Post

I doubt it. The spray from a handheld extinguisher is fairly puny. The fire will entrain much more air on its own. They were definitely too far away at first, but those guys with the extinguishers didn't appear to be wearing proper face masks/SCBA, and it must have been crazy hot getting towards that fire. So I can't blame them for starting further back and working their way closer. Major props to the medical car guys for getting right in there and helping Grosjean over the fence.
Off-Topic ,
Well mate . In fact I already had 2 fire prevention courses from a team of professional fire brigade/officers .
The reason why is : Because the company falls under the chemical industry .
We are working with chemical granulates in injection molding machines .
So , in the last 10 years I got 2 fire prevention courses as for fire prevention .Course was 2 X 4 hours .
Special equipped truck arrived at the parking of the company and I got theoretical training and practical training .
We were going through the different kind of fires . Normal wood fires, Fuel fires , chemical fires, and finally through a frying French fries pan fire .
I had to put out all the fires in the specially equipped fire truck . So I smelled and felt the unbearable heat of the fire on my body .

In the last hour , the officer showed me a French fries pan fire ..
The oil in pan has +/- 180° C , means actually nothing , because we are melting our granulates at 400° C in our injection cylinders at the company.
But what happens when we pour or spray water on that fries pan on fire ..?
Well I felt the shockwave through the truck from the explosion of the fries pan , the special room was secured by steel walls while we watched the video of the explosion .
Or...Just open a door to feed the backdraft fire..!

In other words a burning fries pan can blow your house away . The people in the kitchen wouldn't survive it ..
The simple way is : Just throw a wet blanket over the flames of 1.8 meter height while you protect your arms and hands .
I've done that too , and it's really amazing how fast the fire was extinguished due to lack of oxygen...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58881.00