View Single Post
      05-29-2021, 09:52 PM   #16
ZZZZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i winterbeater

As mentioned. Do not put a low profile on your existing rims. The overall diameter will be wrong which can interfere with the wheel hitting your suspension at full lock. Plus it will lead to incorrect speedometer reading and affect the computers ability to properly adjust your awd system, ABS, and traction control.

You want a larger rim with a lower profile tire for a similar overall diameter.

A wider / heavier tire will affect acceleration and fuel economy. It can in some conditions lead to better highway fuel economy. Wider tires (and wheels that stick out more than stock) will also lead to understeer.

Staggered isn't recommended on our FWD/AWD vehicles.

I do not recommend going with 19s in runflats or ultra high performance summers. The ride and road noise is punishing. Fine for 18s though. If going with 19's then go with a high performance all season. You'll still get a sporty ride but without the compromise of fast tire wear, road noise, and comfort. There will still be a bit of sidewall flex on turn in but it'll still be far better than what you're used to now.

Stock for 19s is ET47 and only 7.5 width. ET42 will be flush at 7.5 but stick out a bit of 8" or wider rims. I have ET40 x 8" on 225 width rubber and they stick out a bit too much for my liking. I should've kept searching for ET42 at 7.5".
Appreciate 0