View Single Post
      08-14-2021, 07:20 PM   #21
chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
3PedalJake I’m taking as wide a testing approach as I can, on a DIY basis. I see the healthcare situation having asymmetric information to the detriment of the patient. I’m collecting my own data, so that if/when I want a physician to dig deeper, I will have done my homework first.

Similar to bringing a car to the dealer, another situation where asymmetric information is common to the detriment of the consumer. One approach is to say, “something’s wrong, can you figure it out?” Or saying, “the upper radiator hose is leaking, please replace it, and charge me one hour labor and the parts cost is $50”. I prefer the latter scenario.

I would order myself all kinds of imaging if the cost was palatable and it was available on a DIY basis. For now, blood testing, EKG, and blood oxygen are what I know to be available on a self-directed basis. During the phone consult the physician gave me a recommendation to look into another self directed testing option where there might be a wider test menu available.

Last edited by chassis; 08-14-2021 at 07:25 PM..
Appreciate 1
3PedalJake2613.50