11-20-2019, 11:41 PM   #26
Patrick852
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 15 320iED, 18 X2 sDrive20i MSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdandpwr View Post
So I got this car because the reviews were pretty decent and it was a relatively high performance SUV that I could give to the other half when she needs a car and not be embarrassed when I need to drive it.

Coming from an F80, I guess I was expecting too much from this car. So, from the moment I got into it, I was scrutinizing it. With the throttle issue, the uncomfortable seat (I get hip pain), and poor handling dynamics.

However, as time goes on, I found an excellent seating position (albeit very high) that allows me to see out nicely; the car seems to have much more pep; and I've gotten used to the handling and actually prefer the steering over the F80.

So my question to the group is, do you find yourself liking the car more with time? I've found that things usually work in the reverse direction after the honeymoon phase. But I'm really digging this thing. I do think there's still some room to improve the handling but I wonder if that's because I'm on all seasons. The car doesn't feel especially sure-footed
This is funny the attraction of this car goes in reverse direction as you said. I hated it right after I pick it up and get to like it more from time to time. The sports seat hurt my hip too, but after a few months the pain goes away even on long journey. The handling and ride sucks compare to my F30, so I replaced the run-flat with PS4S, it grip nicely and soften on potholes now. Having said that, the centre of gravity is still there on a high ride, shouldn't have ask for too much and not fair to compare with F30.
Appreciate 0