View Single Post
      03-06-2019, 01:52 AM   #100
808X1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 M-Sport

Sorry for the delayed report on the ECU Flash for my petrol X1. Been having fun with the flash and work/family duties got in the way. Like Jay56641 mentioned before, the performance of the ECU Flash is more noticeable compared to the DinanSport or the JB4.

There are now 2 vendors that I know of who can provide ECU Flash via OBD. BPC (US) and Evolve (UK and US). When I was looking into this, BPC did not have their OBD Flash capability ready. So I went with Evolve in the UK. Cost was slightly more due to exchange rate. Evolve has the Tune for the B48 JCW Mini, and that was what went into the X1. The Flash was seamless and trouble free. Support with Evolve was excellent, in my experience.

I have not had the chance to Dyno the X1 yet, but since I have experiences using both the DinanSport and JB4 tunes on my X1 prior to the Evolve Tune, I can confidently say that the power/torque delivery from 2k-6k is more noticeable with the Evolve over the other Tunes, and definitely much more noticeable over stock. Max PSI is 22. This is with 92 Octane. 93 octane will produce another 10-15 hp. I believe Evolve was able to get 305 BHP to the JCW B48 engine on 93 octane.

Besides HP/TQ delivery, the drivability of the X1 is more responsive in Normal mode, as well as, in Sport mode, but not too sensitive. It may be in my head, but I feel the autobox shifting feels to be more crisp.
Appreciate 0