View Single Post
      09-13-2016, 09:56 AM   #1
photos_by_ronnie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 DCT, 2017 X1 M Sport

Cool VRSF Downpipe Installed without Tuning - No Codes!

As the title states, I installed a VRSF downpipe on my 2016 M2 over the weekend, and I am code free without having to tune my car. I used a mini cat from Big Daddie's garage, so there was no splicing of wires or anything permanently modified on my car. Best of all, the mini cat was only $50. So far I've put 200+ trouble free miles on the car since installing the downpipe. Total install time was 1 hour and 50 minutes from the time I drove it into the shop until the time it was ready to leave, clean up included.

Now for those of you thinking, why even bother with a downpipe if you aren't going to tune the car. Well, I simply don't want to risk tuning the car. Sure, there's a slight possibility of warranty work being more difficult with a downpipe, but tuning the car takes that risk to a whole other level.

My only reason for wanting the downpipe is for more volume. The tone of the car is perfect from the factory, but with so much sound insulation, it was too quiet inside car. I come from a history of vehicles with N/A V8s with longtube headers and straight pipe exhausts. I don't have $3k lying around for an MPE exhaust, but I wouldn't want that anyway because I really love the functionality of the valves being programmed into SPORT and COMFORT modes.

VIDEO:
Appreciate 1
BAN_M2C4185.00