04-26-2015, 02:08 AM   #99
Bosozoku
Almost completely sane
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2, '00 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
My X1 has over 1000 road course miles on it and I pass M3s and Porsches with ease (I have actually never pointed by a e92 M3, ever). Have passed countless GT3s (although let's be honest, GT3s driven by a truly fast driver are rarer than unicorns) and even a few GTRs. [...]
Wow. You're the exact opposite of a hooner. You're an expert driver!
Thanks for sharing. Some day next year I hope to do my first track day.

And yes, I dread the day that the 3 Series becomes the smallest RWD BMW. But who are we to second-guess BMW management? They have the big picture, the long-term plan. Their obligation to BMW shareholders is to increase worldwide sales, market share, and profitability. All while investing enough in R&D to stay ahead of the competition in at least some areas of automotive technology.

Tough job. But we all knew that. And if BMW management thinks that small = FWD, medium = RWD, large = RWD, and M = AWD, then so be it. The long-term success of the company is the most important goal.
'17 BMW M2 (BSM 6MT Exec CarPlay, TechnicPnP ASD bypass, IND M Perf shift knob + keyhole cover, Pedal Haus pedals + heel plate, 3M CR90 tint, BavSound Ghost woofers, Racing Dynamics strut tower brace, Dinan midpipe, Turner intercooler)
'00 Honda S2000 (Silverstone Metallic, black leather, factory titanium shift knob + front lip + trunk spoiler, front shock tower brace, front subframe x-brace)
Appreciate 0