View Single Post
      08-19-2022, 08:25 AM   #151
ROBOCHOP
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
I have both in my garage. My personal E84 X1 and my work F48 X1. The E84 rules over the new one in so many aspects, including seats and materials. It was a 3 Series in disguise. Just look at that sunroof cloth over sun reflective screen before, the material they use on that headliner versus the past, the lack of under C-Pillar (door entry) cushion, length of seat bottom and so on... The seats in the E84 are larger and offer a good leg support on long trips; not the case on the F48. I know them very very well. Did I mention that the E84 had over 20 more HP ?
I'm on to my 3rd X1, I started with the E84 and now have my 2nd F48. I would agree as a slightly larger individual that the standard seats in the E84 were better as the cushions in the F48 are slightly too short, so your legs aren't always getting enough support, the other complaint would be the increase in road noise, and I've had both the Pirelli and Bridgestone tyres with one being only slightly quieter than the other.

Other than that I have zero complaints, especially since moving from a 18i to a 20d. What is much better in the F48 version, is the rear leg room and an almost flat floor, although I guess that was at the expense of rear wheel drive in the S-Drive variants. I also like the inclusion of the cargo nets and roof mounts as it's a nice way to separate the cabin when I have the dog in the back.
Appreciate 0