View Single Post
      12-05-2018, 03:17 PM   #28
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firechicken View Post
they are activated every "x" times you pull the stalk to wash your windshield, you can code the duration, how many times they will come out and how many times you have to pull the stalk to activate them.

I simply coded them out, don't see any positive sides to having them on..
And you live in germany?!?
(according to your profile)

Quote:
The only reason they are obligatory with xenon headlights (at least in the EU, my C6 has xenons and no headlight washing system) is that xenons are not emitting that much heat as normal halogens, therefore snow and ice doesn't melt when in contact with the headlights and distorts the light emission..
Not true, read my previous post including the links.
Its a dirt issue (where the dirt diffreacts the light). The ruleset even specifies a special mixture / concoction that mimics this which contains silica sand, beechwood pulp with a certain particle size and a certain sodium salt (to mimic dried in salt chrystals coming from roadspray when roadsalt is distributed.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0