12-06-2007, 05:57 AM   #25
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven_227 View Post
Well I did say that it's better after the R8 didnt I, that includes the A5/S5.

"Try pulling away quickly with X-Drive and the rear wheels slip briefly before the fronts are brought into play, try the same with Quattro and there is no slip"

That would be better for weather conditions, but not on a track were no slip = understeer

I gave my opinion EVO AWD > X-DRIVE > Quattro , based on track performance not on bad weather driving
R8's system is totally different to that of the new A5, it's system is based on the RS4 which has a 40/60 split where as the R8 is 15/85 (I think).

As for Quattro only having understeer on the track, sorry this is again another misunderstand of the product, if driven properly Quattro handles just the same as an EVO, you just need the skills to unlock it.

As for Quattro being slower on the track even when not driven like the above video shows, it will still be quicker in the right hands though admittedly I am not capable of driving it to such abilities.

I not here to knock you down only to help explain that while boring compared to rwd in non-skilled hands the car is every bit as quick if not quicker than rwd.
Appreciate 0