10-31-2019, 04:24 PM   #136
oakey46
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 A/T 220i Lux Auto 1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMP1 View Post
How do you find getting everything in with the sliding bench? I'm currently on an Audi A4 looking to go back to BMW and the X1 is my preferred choice but as an avid golfer the boot size is my first priority (sad I know). Going to nip down tot he showroom this weekend to have a look for myself but was hoping for someone with real life experience to advise! Thanks
Hi there.
I have a Motocaddy M1 Pro trolley, which folds down very well. I find, with the sliding rear seat that I only need to move the rear, drivers side (UK) seat forward one notch. I can get my golf bag in first, slightly diagonally, then I put in my driver and umbrella, which I do have to take out of the bag. Next is the trolley, which has the front wheel resting on the bag, and there's room for a hold-all in which I keep a shoes/change of clothes etc. I did have a couple of A4 Avants in the past and the X1 is at least comparable luggage wise because the A4 luggage area was shallower, although a decent length. So hope that helps. I may be able to post a photo, if it helps. Happy golfing - my local course is quite heavy going after recent rains and too many leaves coming down, despite valiant efforts of the green keeping staff. There are two of us with recent X1s and another member has ordered one as a swap for his 2 Series Active Tourer.

Last edited by oakey46; 10-31-2019 at 06:18 PM..
Appreciate 0