View Single Post
      03-04-2021, 01:46 PM   #37
MarioGeo
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Maybe also a little bit too late but I would like to share my experience for a RHD X1 camera installation using fuse area. Based on the advice from this forum I looked to the best fuses to connect my DDPAI 4K dash cam to ensure parking mode will be enabled.

So, after removing the plastic plate at the bottom of glove compartment and checking the fuse card using VIN number - see below link ( no paper fuse card included in the fuse box ) I decided to unscrew all screws surrounding the glove box and remove it completely for better access.

https://www.bmw.ie/en/topics/owners/fusecard.html

Once glove box removed I used a voltage tester to check continuous voltage on the fuses.

I ended up with fuse 104 for continuous voltage and 63 for ignition voltage both being empty slots. I used intelligent connection kit with dedicated fuse connectors therefore all operation took around 40 min .

All it's working perfectly and thanks to my dash cam software I can also monitor the voltage of the battery and set the standby duration/ camera off in case the voltage will drop to a specific dangerous level.

Thank you very much for useful inputs provided on this thread.
Appreciate 0