View Single Post
      11-20-2020, 08:20 AM   #245
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

I'm sure I've mentioned it before in a post.. but I do once in a while put it back into comfort mode and when I come to a full stop I do feel the subtle transmission becoming disengaged. Likewise when I let off the brake to transition to the gas, it takes just that split second more for the transmission to re-engage. This is a weird feeling for me, and completely horrible in the stop and go cut-throat carnage that my commute used to be. (One good thing about COVID). I always drive in sports mode and have the BMS pedal tuner. I have it dialed in so that as soon as I touch the throttle things move as if it's drive by wire old school. I'm completely used to driving my car this way all the time, and whenever I flip back to something like even comfort, I can feel it. I daily drive this to work and have no problems at all and this now behaves like my previous cars. Saying that it's too sensitive to drive I wouldn't say so at all. Would I choose another vehicle because of this? Probably not.. there's other factors that go into the cars I pick. I did cross shop many other brands and there were other factors in the driving or interiors etc that I just didn't like. I also agree with Glazonyoursix that BMW may be starting to waver with their new designs. I do also understand when you are the small cog in the machine, getting a software update for the transmission is kind of hard to get in motion.. but when online reviewers make that comment on the line of cars it should have gotten at least some attention! I'm glad that I could at least solve it with a few things like sports mode and even the pedal tuner. One thing to note.. I "believe" the X1 is the top sales of all BMW's. So in this case there haven't been enough complaints for them to do anything about it.. it's just more pronounced in the m35i version, but I assure you I feel it in the X1. People like my wife just got used to it and didn't complain.
Appreciate 0