View Single Post
      01-01-2019, 09:41 AM   #12
telboy
Rep
Drives: BMW X2 20d xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonywalk View Post
Blimey, he was really scraping the bottom of the barrel. He completely missed how bad the false boot floor is.

I noticed from the reg. that he was driving one of the press cars. The ride on the 20" wheels has been considerably improved since. The second of my two test drives was in one of these ex-press cars and I also found it bad. Thankfully, the first one was in a production car, and was excellent, as is my own car.

The current diesel unit is also way better now, as BMW added a low-rev turbo and other refinements
Re your comment on the suspension and refined new engine, I was really keen on the X2 until hearing of the firm ride in almost all reviews.

The one I'm keen on is a June 2018 20d M sport (UK) on 20's so is this likely to be a production car that has been adjusted to ride better with the better engine too?

Is there anyway of telling visually and did you find the difference between your car/production variant and the press car that marginal in ride quality?

Sorry for the raft of questions, just keen to get an owners perspective of the drive on 20's and the 20d engine so anything you can share is much appreciated.
Appreciate 0