View Single Post
      08-27-2019, 05:03 PM   #54
rafaelSorel
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48 116d

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj74 View Post
I hope the pictures help explain it a little better, you don't need to worry about removing a lot of panels - other than the tailgate's panel. you can use a plastic trim tool to lift the trim a little bit and tuck the wire. The trickiest part is fishing the wire in the tailgate.
Hello, I have ordered a rear view camera, the question is , do I really need to remove the negative battery entry before performing the mounting ?
I have mounted the android screen without disconnect any battery, the thing is it said in BMW documentation in here:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f48-x1-sdrive16d-sav/repair-manuals/61-general-vehicle-electrical-system/61-21-battery-with-holder/1LqtiBBl

Disconnecting and connecting the battery may lead to :
1- when the vehicle battery is disconnected, fault memories may be set in some control units.
2- The on-board computer and clock may lose your data.

So we suppose that I don't have to disconnect the battery, there is no risks that the back seat side airbag will be activated when removing the C/D back pillar to pass the cable under those panels as shown in "1" on this image ?
Appreciate 0