MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzima View Post
Nice! Does the Akrapovic exhaust have a remote to control the valves like the MPE?

If yes, were the videos with the valves open or closed?
Yes you can opt for this but I did not. The system now works with the build-in program by BMW themselves. Similar to what the stock exhaust does when you go through the modes.

The idea was to have the Awron display control it, but somehow this is not working yet. I am talking to Awron to get this sorted using the RES button to open or close the valve whenever I want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
4 questions:

1) I heard Akrapovic uses a remote controller to open/close valves, now did you just state it automatically follow stock driving mode?

2) Is your car with tune or not? Does it throw a CEL without a tune?

3) Is the stock exhaust sound in your comparison video running with valves open or closed?

4) Apparently Akrapovic uses a split dual pipe (not a true dual pipe system, technically) configuration as opposed to the single pipe found in m2 stock and many other N55 applications. Is a noticeable torque loss at down low being felt?

Thanks.
1) Yes you can opt for this but I did not. The system now works with the build-in program by BMW themselves. Similar to what the stock exhaust does when you go through the modes.

The idea was to have the Awron display control it, but somehow this is not working yet. I am talking to Awron to get this sorted using the RES button to open or close the valve whenever I want.

2) It now has a down pipe with catalytic converter. I have the one without as well and I will test it next year after the winter. You will hear the comparison then, since I do not have any time to fit it instead of the downpipe with cat. I do not have any issues since the downpipe does not throw any engine warning lights. It is fully tested not having these errors.

3) It depends on the modes! Sport is open, and traction mode is open as well. Comfort mode is closed as with your normal exhaust

4) I have not felt any difference or impact of this in any single way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 228JB4 View Post
Why is there a dent along the left midpipe on the akrapovic?
I honestly do not know.

MR
Appreciate 0