Thread: Wine Thread
View Single Post
      01-20-2020, 06:29 PM   #442
GeorgeR
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6 XDrve35i 2009 335i E92

As a Washington resident I am really enjoying the growth of wine in the state that now ranks second only to California. In my opinion you get a lot more wine for the dollar. As Washington State continues to grow the gap may change but like California was to French wines, maybe a blind taste contest is in order?

My problem is I keep joining clubs and never have time to sample the hundreds of other wineries that are also producing wonderful wines.

Favorite Clubs I belong to

DeLille Cellars
Long Shadows Vintners
Avennia
Fidelitas
Betz
aMaurice
Upchurch

Very Good but a notch below

Drew Bledsoe & Josh McDaniels, (well maybe equal to the above)
Passing Time is another good WA wine owned by a couple ex NFL QB's (Dan Marino, Doug Donnelly, Kevin Hughes, Damon Huard) I am not a club member but Bledso and Huard have hosted some Apple Cup dinners before the annual Apple Cup and it was a hoot, not to mention great stories about their wine and the game.

Pepper Bridge
Patterson
Mark Ryan
Dusted Valley
Sparkman
Charles Smith

Woodward Canyon – Great but no club
Leonetti Cellar – Great, on waiting list

I was a member of a few California clubs but even though I enjoyed them, have too many Washington Clubs and need to cut them back.
Chateau Montelena – Red Futures Club
As customers I have been able to purchase these two fine wines at a very steep discount, including Cask 23. Stag’s Leap and Col Solare are now owned by a partnership between Washington-based Ste. Michelle Estate and Tuscan vintner Piero Antinori.

I can’t disagree with many of the votes for California wineries already mentioned in this thread.

Last edited by GeorgeR; 01-20-2020 at 10:50 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 2
kscarrol8913.50
RickFLM410991.00