View Single Post
      04-28-2021, 01:23 PM   #60
pfdaxe
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X1 xDrive28i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_R View Post
Unfortunately, this is not always correct. There is a user on another forum who for some reason has 2 wheels sets that look exactly the same but have slightly different part numbers. One part number will take normal tyres and Run Flats, but the other will only take Run Flats.
The best option is to check the part numbers with BMW and see what can be fitted.
"Some" wheels maybe. I've never had an issue with any vehicle I have swapped from RFT to non-RFT.

From Tire Rack:

Many drivers are uncertain whether they can put non-run-flat tires on wheels that originally came with run-flat tires. The short answer: yes.

Run-flat tires and regular tires that are the same numeric size will have the same physical dimensions, and can fit properly on the same wheels. The only difference with run-flat wheels is they usually have an extra hump behind the bead seat. This hump would help keep the run-flat tire in its proper place on the wheel while driving without air pressure. It does not affect the performance or compatibility of the non-run-flat tire.

Appreciate 0