05-18-2014, 06:14 PM   #16
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
i must be in the minority....but i really don't like the 'style' of the C7 Corvette at all. I was never really much of a Corvette fan----but the new one is just way too flashy, blinged out, and designed like it was made for a Hollywood set----qualities i just don't like in the cars i dig. I like understated bulges and discrete aggression.

That being said....i suppose what the Corvette provides is 'pseudo-supercar'-like experience for under $60k which is fine....but it certainly does look like a cheap copy of better supercars. I've seen several on the road now and i think they look awfully cheesy in person.

As for performance? it is a mega bargain for what it does.....but living with one every day? i certainly could never imagine doing so.
All fair comments... style is absolutely subjective.

Living with one every day? I do it and it is just as easy to live with as the E92 M3 I owned.

In terms of styling, it is absolutely aggressive. It also gets more positive attention than any car I have ever owned. I get more compliments in a day than I would get in a year with other cars. I've had more people tell me the C7 is one of the nicest cars they have ever seen than I can count.

Having said that, understated beauty is also a good thing and I think the M3 does that extremely well. It blends in with the crowd and some people prefer that too and I actually understand it. At first all of the attention the C7 got was flattering. Now, I just want to be able to get gas without having to talk to one, two or even three people about the car... wait for them to take pictures... etc. It does get a bit old. Hopefully, when more are on the road where I live, the attention will die off. With the M3, I only had people who knew the car ever take the time to stop and talk. In many ways, that was a lot easier
Appreciate 0