01-02-2020, 10:36 AM   #105
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Have you been to the vineyard? I see you’re from the Bay Area. We visited back in around ‘08 or ‘09 and they have a fun story. The owner decided he wanted an authentic European castle on the property so he had a real 13th century Tuscan castle (or different pieces of them) shipped from Europe to CA brick by brick. It has towers, rampart, a moat, even dungeons and a torture chamber. Pretty crazy.

Unfortunately at the time i thought their story was better than their wines. Hopefully this means that they’ve improved greatly. I do remember that the merlot was probably their best work, though.
Been there many times. They’re a popular place so anytime someone comes visit I’ll take them there. It’s a cool place and I agree that their wines are just okay. Fantasia (the red bubbly wine) is a hit. The merlot was surprisingly good so I bought a bottle. They’re sisters to V. Sattui winery down the road with similar wines. Went there last May and really liked their Zin so got a bottle of that. A lot of the wineries have okay wines but every now and then they’ll have something that’ll surprise you. Napa has gotten expensive for wine tasting over the years.
RickFLM44786.50
Darth One3624.00