View Single Post
      09-25-2019, 10:01 AM   #74
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
So I just read the entire transcript - and I have to say, I was expecting to see some stuff in there that was super slimy and unethical, but probably not illegal.

I read it cover to cover - and honestly, I just cannot see a single issue with anything that was said. Trump mentioned the issue with Biden bragging about getting the old prosecutor fired and that the new Ukrainian prosecutor should re-look at that. Where is that a problem?

I'll be the first one to admit that Trump is typically quite slimy and unethical and I was going into this expecting the worst - but I honestly don't see anything to be upset about with respect to that call, let alone anything even remotely coming to the level of 'high crimes and misdemeanors' that would warrant impeachment.

Am I missing something?

Same thing that was at issue with the Don Jr. meeting at Trump Tower with Whats-her-name:

It is illegal for any person to solicit, accept, or receive anything of value from a foreign national in connection with a U.S. election,” FEC chair Ellen Weintraub cautioned in a June statement. “This is not a novel concept. Electoral intervention from foreign governments has been considered unacceptable since the beginnings of our nation.”
https://www.opensecrets.org/news/201...-interference/

Hardly a legal slam-dunk, but certainly raises questions. No?
minn196908.50