View Single Post
      05-30-2019, 10:20 AM   #5
sanfordrich
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW Z3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrionFawkes View Post
Arguments over how much M is in the M40i aside, I found Number Four in this list to be a good guide on breaking in any new car, let alone a BMW:

https://www.bmw.com/en/automotive-li...a-new-car.html
I know there are many opinions about break in periods for new cars, especially high performance cars. I understand the Z M40i is not a true "M" car, however, I assume it is an "i" car. The link to the BMW website says the recommendations do not apply to either "M" or "i" cars: "Special guidelines apply to BMW i and M models; those purchasing these models will be provided with the specific details." So.... for those with access to a manual: does the manual address the M40i break in period? Alternatively, for those who already purchased the Z car, what specific details were you provided regarding break in periods. By the way, I am not interested in the opinion of a sales person. I am looking for something more authoritative from BMW.

Note: I just reread the guidelines at the link referred to above for buying a new BMW; which included the break in period. It's possible the quote above is only referring to the initial oil change for "M" and "i" cars, not the break in period; it's not clear. Ugh, the downside of being anal.

Last edited by sanfordrich; 05-30-2019 at 10:34 AM.. Reason: Embedded quote might not apply
Appreciate 0