06-09-2017, 09:16 AM   #10
USA-RET
Captain
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9GunSlinger View Post
Hey all, ive tried searching but couldnt find my answer;

there are so many modes, eco, comfort, sport, sport +, then switching it to manual and then sport or sport + from there, then ive heard of people adjusting the profiles in each but keeping it in comfort or sport..

is there a general best setting to use? i find sport + too aggressive for regular driving while sport is pretty good for the most part. just wanted to see what yall were running.

Thanks!

John
Hey John,

I keep my set-up simple. Usually drive in "Comfort" & shifter set to "D" around town. Car w/ a Stage 1 Dinan is very quick in this mode. Doesn't bang the gears or hold higher RPM's like "Sport and "D/S", but car has lots of pep. As far as actual "get up and go", performance not too much different than when the car was "Stock" and set to sport mode. The Dinan Stage 1 tune really has transformed the car for me.

When I have the urge to get really "jiggy", I put the car in "Sport", and the shifter to "D/S". The Sport + really doesn't add anymore more "Umph", so I never use it.

Before the Dinan tune, basically used the car the same way (or maybe a bit more in sport than comfort).
Appreciate 0