06-07-2017, 12:29 PM   #6
kohlzor
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCThree View Post
90% of the time I am in the sport mode profile with the transmission in regular mode. I did modify the sport mode to disable the suspension stiffness.

ITS RANT TIME!

In the Dallas area the roads are total sh*t so the last thing needed is more chassis stiffness, ever. It is my opinion that the suspension's two modes should be renamed to 'extreme' and 'extremely violent' as there is no such thing as 'comfort' mode in the 240's suspension.

I am also not too happy with the sport modes in the profile or the transmission with how long the car holds on to the gears. I want quick banging shifts without the engine holding at 5-6000rpms after I come off a stop with some quickness... it's stupid. I find myself very often yelling SHIFT *** DAMN IT when I am in sport/sport mode.

I do like the shift RPM timing in comfort mode but they are just slow sloppy shifts the way a comfort mode should be. What I wish I had was the RPM shift profile of comfort mode with much harder shifting of the transmission when it's in sport mode.

I am hoping one of these days the ECU is cracked and we can get some end user flash tuning (MHD or Cobb) and put a little customization in these modes. I was hoping the Dinan Elite would possibly provide a mechanism to make some changes but when I brought it up in the Dinan Elite thread I was pounced on for wanting to change perfection so I don't think that will be an option sadly.
Am I the only one that drives in sport/sport+ mode all the time?
Appreciate 1
SCCThree816.00