View Single Post
      01-25-2022, 12:58 PM   #32
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
My former bank was so secure that they wouldn't even take *deposit* money from me!

In all seriousness, I walked into the main office branch of my bank in the 1990's with a $15,000 certified check from another bank, and they refused to accept it for deposit into my SAVINGS account. No, I wasn't trying to get cash out of the deal, I truly wanted to save the money back when they were still paying interest on savings accounts. I had to cash the certified check at the issuing bank, and then carry fifteen large to my own bank as cash to deposit it.

On the revenge side, depositing fifteen large in cash triggers some sort of mandatory federal paperwork to document the transaction, so I had the last laugh as the snotty teller spent the next half hour doing the extra paperwork just minutes before the bank was scheduled to close.....
Actually any deposit over $10K required an cavity search of your body (Drug trafficing and money Laundering laws). I am kind of surprised they would take the cash since that does trigger all kinds of paper work as well.

I did same thing in 90's when buying our home, transfer money from my investment account to the bank and had a check issued by my investment company. Made the deposit and saw 3 days later the money was drawn from my investment account and two days later I walk in the bank and requested a bank check to take to the closing only to be told I could not have my money since check had not cleared, which was not true since I could see it had transfer (the first days of online banking). I had to escalate the issue with the bank president and got into a fight with him, eventually he agree to issue the check but it took a fight since he keep claiming it takes 10 days to clear a check even though the money was there.

I got my revenge a few years later when the company I work for got acquired and a number of us had unvested stock options and we all got cashed out. A huge check was auto deposited into my checking account. I show up at the bank to pull the money (this time payroll ACH deposit so it was there. When you try to pull a large sum out it triggers a meeting with the bank president, same guy who hassled me about my house down payment. He try to convince me to put it into some CD or some other investment they were peddling at the time. He did not remember me, but I remember him so I reminded him of the situation and the fact that he almost cost me closing on my house that day. I said he should have though twice about being such an ass since he never knows how much money someone might have. I close my account shortly after that and I had heard he got demoted since he lost mine a few others people I work with large deposits accounts.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615277.00