View Single Post
      02-27-2021, 11:37 AM   #9
Sphinx144
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline2.0 View Post
I plan on going non-BMW branded battery once I need to replace mine. There are quality, sometimes superior, aftermarket parts options, but also many inferior ones. Just need to do your research and pick carefully.

There's also concern of coding, along with registration, for a battery that doesn't match the same spec as your current one. An independent shop may charge for additional coding changes if you choose a different type battery than your existing one (e.g., going from AGM to lead acid). This isn't related to whether you go OEM or aftermarket, just a side issue to think about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline2.0 View Post
I plan on going non-BMW branded battery once I need to replace mine. There are quality, sometimes superior, aftermarket parts options, but also many inferior ones. Just need to do your research and pick carefully.

There's also concern of coding, along with registration, for a battery that doesn't match the same spec as your current one. An independent shop may charge for additional coding changes if you choose a different type battery than your existing one (e.g., going from AGM to lead acid). This isn't related to whether you go OEM or aftermarket, just a side issue to think about.
you don't need to do any coding for a new battery.
I got an after market battery from advanced auto parts a year ago and put it myself.
Appreciate 0