02-26-2021, 02:51 PM   #3
oakey46
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 A/T 220i Lux Auto 1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by atypical aesthetic View Post
Hey...my 2016 X1 is now out of warranty. Sometimes I take it to the dealership but I found a repair shop that specifically works on BMW and MiniCoopers.

My car needs a new battery. Of course the dealership will do it..even with a discount it is more than taking it to the repair shop. Both batteries have the 2 year 24 month warranty...the only catch is the dealership will use a BMW part (which is on back order). The repair shop says the batteries they use are just as good ( I think he said Bauch brand). We are talking about a $75 difference.

Has your experience using other parts been good for your car? Should I stick with the factory battery?
I wonder if your repair shop meant 'Bosch', who are a leading German manufacturer of many types of electrical equipment, including car batteries.
Just as an indication, in the UK a Bosch 80Ah 12 volt (standard UK car voltage) AGM battery for my X1(1.5L 3 cylinder petrol) would cost around £240 (US equivalent approx $335). That includes UK sales tax (VAT) at 20% and the battery has a 3 year guarantee. Base price without taxes would be around $280 but that is, of course, subject to any base price variation between UK/USA and I haven't a clue as to the level of US/State taxes.

Last edited by oakey46; 02-26-2021 at 03:17 PM..
Appreciate 1
Homersbud202.00