bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi587 View Post
GM's competition against the New E92 M3--? THE G8

http://www.edmunds.com/il/pontiac/g8/index.html#
I'd say it's more a competitor to the 5 Series. Either 535 or 550. Not likely to be cross-shopped, but in size, performance, etc., that's where it tends to fall. In fact, didn't one of the nutbooks recently do a G8 vs 550i test recently? The 550 won, but it wasn't a runaway.

I sat in one at the NY auto show this past spring. Downmarket (although not shamefully so), but the seats were comfy. Apparently it's a real handler as well, at least when you get the uprated tires on 19" rims. $33K with everything available.

At the show, they also had an upgraded model on a turntable. It had a version of the Vette's LS3 motor, and the show folks said it'll be available after the first of the year, in either stick or automatic form. They said it'd probably come in at around $5K more.

I don't think that even the upgraded model would compete with the M3, but it'd likely blow the 550 away, dynamically speaking. Still won't be cross-shopped much, but it's a hell of a deal, with known reliable driveline components.

Bruce
Appreciate 0