View Single Post
      02-06-2019, 09:57 PM   #1
MThree_Forty
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 Dravit Gray M340ix

Need advice on exhaust

Folks:

I want to do some modifications to my Marina Bay Blue '18 M5 before Summer of '19, and have kind of settled on carbon front and side grills, rear diffuser, springs and an exhaust.

This is where I really need to ask for some help. I've been reading all the posts about exhausts, and I have to admit, my brain is hurting trying to understand it all.

I am looking for an exhaust that provides a good, throaty sound (louder than stock)-- with some good burbles on downshifting.... but don't really want super loud cracks and pops that would force me to run in Sport or Comfort mode to tone down the effect. I had the M-Perf exhaust on my M4, and that was quite loud in Sport + and S3 mode-- where I usually like to run.

I know that this is a lot of personal preference, but can someone just recommend something that meets my parameters? I really love the look of the Akra system-- complete with their rear diffuser, but don't like the price. Is the M-Sport exhaust much better sounding in person than stock? Is it orderable in the U.S., and will a dealer install it?
Appreciate 0