View Single Post
      09-12-2018, 07:50 PM   #25
kylejdavidson
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 - LBB, DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2audioman View Post
Glad you like the car, but you lost me at, "the steering in sport mode is closer to a 2016-2018 M2 in sport mode."

No, it isn't. Lol. The steering feel is identical to the X1. I've driven both back to back and also own a M2. There is no planet on which a X2 has steering feel similar to the M2. To be fair, the M2 isn't exactly amazing to begin with. However, the X2 isn't even in the same discussion. Even a standard 230i has a better steering setup than the X2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2audioman View Post
Glad you like the car, but you lost me at, "the steering in sport mode is closer to a 2016-2018 M2 in sport mode."

No, it isn't. Lol. The steering feel is identical to the X1. I've driven both back to back and also own a M2. There is no planet on which a X2 has steering feel similar to the M2. To be fair, the M2 isn't exactly amazing to begin with. However, the X2 isn't even in the same discussion. Even a standard 230i has a better steering setup than the X2.

I too own an M2 and recently drove the X2 at BMW's Ultimate Driving Experience on their autocross tracks. I liked a LOT of things about the X2 and would absolutely recommend one to someone who is in the market for a small SUV that looks great inside and out, has a decent amount of power and handles well for what it is. However, the steering feel is nothing like the M2 in my opinion, just completely different cars.

That said, great review otherwise and beautiful car...love Misano Blue.
Appreciate 1