TheBry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 G12 750i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltika View Post
Congrats on the new 7!

My build sheet says that M package includes sport steering wheel and sport automatic transmission. Can you please shed the light on these two features. It is called M package 337 on the build. Everywhere I look it says that M pack is only about aesthetics. At the same time build sheet talks about M exhaust which I suppose is louder than stock (?) and other items mentioned earlier that affect driving experience.
The M-Sport steering wheel is slightly thicker than the standard wheel (ostensibly for better hand-grip / handling). The M-Sport exhaust system (as referenced on the BMWUSA build your own site) is cosmetic (although I've also read that with the M-Sport package, the electrically activated exhaust flap is modulated differently, producing a beefier sound on start-up, and when at full-throttle). Will have to dig into that more to be sure.

The Sport Automatic Transmission is standard on all US-delivered G12s (both 740i and 750i). That transmission (option 2TB) brings with it two shift paddles mounted behind the steering wheel, and is equipped with Launch Control. Additionally, this transmission offers a new "sport shift map" which offers the driver a further configuration option between "D" (Drive) and "S" (Sport) drive positions. With this option, upshifts take place later and downshifts earlier than in "D" (Drive) mode, however, the shift points are not at the same level as for pure "S" Sport mode. Again, this is standard on all US cars.

Past: 2008 M3 (E93) naturally aspirated V8 realness!
Past: 2012 740Li (F02) M-Sport (European Delivery)
Present: 2016 750i (G12) M-Sport
Appreciate 0