View Single Post
      03-22-2016, 01:50 AM   #15
Susynoid
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 Glaciersilber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meezen84 View Post
At least where I live I had no option to go for anything above 1.8lts otherwise I will be paying a paying a huge bill on my road tax. Welcome to Europe or at least greece and some other European countries. The only rational choice was the sdrive 18i since no xdrive is avilabe for this engine yet. An Xdrive option is great but honestly 99% of my driving will be around the city and to be honest no one would ever go off-roading with the X1.
Today had to give my e92 320i to the dealer ( in exchange for the X1 that will be delivered tomorrow night) and in return I was given the active tourer 218i for a day. Honestly I'm surprised with the engine it felt more quicker than my old 320i, but have to admit I hated the manual gearbox and the steering is mehhhhh....on the active tourer. I hope the X1 will handle a bit better...
By the way mine is the sdrive 18i with the navi prof.with hud, Sports package, panoramic roof, led adaptive lights. Ended up to be just under 40,000 euros (39,870). Having only those 4 options on a xdrive 20i would,end up to 55,000 euros. That's 15k more... I'm sorry but I would buy a good used car with that extra amount of money.
It's a choice at the end of the day...
So eventually you chose the same as I
Like I said, 15k extra just for the engine is a ridiculous price. Of course everyone has his own opinion.
Road tax is also one of the reasons I chose the 18i.
Appreciate 0